About Muhammad Haider
Academic Level Master’s Degree
Age 28 - 32 Years
Business acumen offering more than 10 years of experience in accounts & finance profession in diversified industries including hospitality/hotels, real estate, event management and media tech company.
Specialized in new project management from start up to establish & implement new policies, procedures and SOP’s, and to achieve organizational goals.
Self motivated and dedicated personality with proven success record. A highly successful finance team player with excellent knowledge of financial reporting and accounting.
Easy going nature and proven ability to coordinate with all stakeholders.
2020 - 2021
Aryana Hotel 4* & Sahara Beach Resort & Spa 5*
• Managed complete spectrum of accounts & finance department, and led the accounting team to establish and implement finance policies, procedures and SOP’s to obtain organizational goals. • Coordinated with HODs to prepare budgets and forecast to track profit & loss performance by each business unit • Analyzed costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared with business plans • Performed month end closure reports like profit & loss, rolling forecast and balance sheet • Successfully submitted monthly and quarterly municipality and VAT (Value added Tax) returns • Ensured that the guests have best possible experience by trouble shooting and resolving all billing related disputes • Prepared and managed revenue and expense budgets, cash flow and expenditure • Conducted and supervised weekly & monthly credit meeting to review outstanding payments • Engaged with company's internal & external auditors to comply with company's audit & statutory requirements • Finance department restructuring and implementation of finance policies and procedures as per IFRS standards • Managed all phases of accounts payable, receivable and department budgets, negotiating of annual contracts, cost and internal controls. • Prepared financial statements, analytical reports and comparative analysis • Provided direction to the night audit team to ensure proper revenue reporting • Reviewed all ledger details guest ledger, city ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting • Forecasted cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow Achievements: • 2021 – Successfully achieved interim budget plan for Q1 and Q2 for FY 2021 • 2021 – Recovered bad debts of 300K from tours operators • 2020 – Saved 100K on service contracts by negotiating & updating terms with suppliers • 2020 – Reduced food and operational cost by 7% for Aryana Hotel & Sahara beach Resort
2018 - 2020
Sahara Beach Resort & Spa 5*
• Led the team in pre-opening of Sahara Beach Resort & Spa 5* and managed contracts, licenses, policies & procedures, setting up chart of accounts • Prepared annual budgets and business plan based on detailed analysis of actual and forecasted business performance according the management guidelines • Prepared monthly & annually MIS like income statement, variance analysis and balance sheet • Prepared reconciliation with banks, vendors and sister concerns on monthly basis • Chased late payments, reporting bad debts and keeping a careful eye on the cash flow • Vast experience of debtors and creditors management, department budgets, negotiated annual contracts, and insurance policies • Engaged with company's internal & external auditors to comply with company's audit • Managed and processed payroll through WPS on timely basis • Managed and controlled overall purchase and procurement • Integrated the inventory tracking system with ERP based Intellectual Data system (IDS) and successfully reduced average inventory variance Achievements: • 2019 – Saved 200K in utilities and energy expenses at Sahara Beach Resort & Spa • 2019 – Reduced 30% of laundry cost by establishing & implementing new laundry polices • 2018 – Successfully completed B2B contracts and added 580K as additional revenue by following typical calculations of the contracts • 2018 – Saved 300K Pre-opening Project Cost in FF&E and OS&E during Pre-opening of Sahara Beach Resort & Spa 5* • 2018 – AED 100K increased in revenue by highlighting rental spaces and beach revenue potential
2017 - 2018
Aryana Hotel 4*
• Appointed as internal controller by Kaloti Real Estate to look after the hotel procedures, optimize cost and operational efficiency • Implemented cost saving measures not limited to Food & Beverages department but other departments as well and saved a substantial amount of cost • Played a key personnel role by liaison between the owning company and the new hotel management • Assisted the management for new plans and project costing, risk and output calculations to ensure the smooth execution of plans and to optimize the profitability. • Assisted finance manager in budgeting, business plans, formulation of SOPs and financial policies • Provided direction and trainings to hotel operational staff related to finance , internal controls, labor management • Verified and audited payments of suppliers and vendors and make sure all the SOP’s and policies has been followed • Supervised the cash collection, reconciliation and submission process and make sure the cash has deposited in bank on time • Verified the commission % & payments of travel agents and online booking engines • Monitored hotel inventory procedures and verified physical and system inventory time to time • Pointed out the potential opportunities in the property like rental spaces and structural modifications to increase revenue • Assisted Finance Manager for preparations of external & municipality audit for FY’2017 Achievements: • 2017 – AED 90K saved in various service contracts by negotiating at best rates compared to prevailing market prices • Successfully achieved FY 2017 expense budget with 9.5% reduction in total expenses • 2017 – 20% saved in utilities by cost awareness program implementation, sensors installation • Awarded for “Creative & innovative work” in year 2017
2014 - 2013
• Successfully lead accounting team of 2 to obtain organizational goals • Managed project costing and distribute funds in line with allocated budget for each project • Formulated various reports like project profitability, income statement, variance analysis • Managed complete spectrum of accounts receivables and payables • Took various measures such as upgraded the payment & invoices on time and systemized the daily recording of transaction in accounting books and enhanced the monthly reconciliation process from 20 to 7 days
2013 - 2016
Kaloti Real Estate
• Managed general accounting, debtors and creditors management, general ledger, bank reconciliations and finalization of accounts • Assisted Finance Manager in the formulation of SOPs and financial policies for business growth • Directed the entire cash flow operations regarding cheque (PDCs), cash management and deposit in bank on time • Managed & reconciled vendors’ account and cleared the payments by optimizing cash flow • Assisted in preparation of monthly payroll in compliance with WPS, computed leave salary and end-of-service benefits according to local labor law. • Formulated budgets and implemented systems / procedures, conducted the analysis, organized key reports to exercise financial control and enhance the overall efficiency of the organization Achievements: • 2016 – Played key role to acquired Aryana Hotel 4* & Residence Sharjah and added in portfolio of Kaloti Real Estate • 2015 – Successfully established and implemented purchase, control, issuance and consumption policies and procedures for building material • 2014 – Supervised and Managed AED 200 million project of acquiring new building and added in Kaloti Real Estate portfolio
2009 - 2011
• Successfully examined and resolved the issues related to telecom corporate bills that led to refund of PKR 1,000,000 from the service provider • Managed payments to international suppliers • Prepared monthly bank reconciliation statement • Submitted monthly and annual sales and income tax Returns • Liaison with banks and managing all banking matters • Administered regional office expenses in line with allocated budgets and formulating weekly variance analysis
Honors & awards
Awarded for “Creative & innovative work” in year 2017