About Herovan Alfin
Academic Level Degree Bachelor
Age 38 - 42 Years
- Comprehensive expertise in good governance implementation whether in corporate and public sectors.
- High experiences and expertise for the implementation of good corporate governance for Listed Company and to some prominent State-Owned Enterprises by strengthening the GCG pillars, structures and its implementation.
- High experiences in advisory of solution in the good governance implementation best practices to listed companies, prominent state-owned enterprises and public institutions such as Indonesia Central Bank, Indonesia Social Security Agency and Indonesia Stock Exchange.
- Experiencing in coordinating to set up good corporate governance activities for short- and long-term plan to develop, maintain, monitoring and evaluating the process and optimizing the output of corporate governance.
- Experiencing to improve the quality of coordination and synergy between the holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Used to deals with the GCG work unit/taskforce such as corporate secretary, internal control, and risk management tasks and activities which all of them have a key position to design, develop, control, monitoring and evaluation of the key GCG implementation, especially to fulfill the expectation of shareholders and stakeholders.
- Experiences in the process of law-making policy process in the corporate law, particularly in aspect of corporate strategic management.
- Experiences in the process of law-making policy process in the environmental field, particularly in the aspect of environmental law in support the business and economy sustainability.
- Experienced as a Liaison officer between shareholder, board of executives and commissioners and stakeholders as well as conducting corporate secretary function.
- Conducted a cooperation to pertaining stakeholders to strengthening law enforcement officer performances through advocacy and legislation mechanism in legislatives, national and local government, local law agencies and communities.
- High experiences in litigation sector such as have assisted and deals to the Government of Indonesia to empowering the law enforcement institution’s role in the law enforcement system and developing law enforcement officers in the litigation processes.
- Experiences in nature resources management, especially in forestry governance and environmental law.
- High experiences in conducted as legal affairs for company to do all the things pertaining to corporate legal such as monitoring and review contract, negotiation and ensuring all legal activities are comply to law and regulation.
1998 - 2005
University of Pancasila
I am graduated from University of Pancasila majoring in International Law which my thesis concerning on ” Validity of Renunciation of Verdict of International Arbitration by Indonesian Court in Case of PT Pertamina (Indonesian Energy Company) VS PT Karaha Bodas Company (Renewable Energy Private Company)”.
2017 - Present
Independent GCG & Legal Consultant
• Conducted Good Corporate Governance advisory through assessment to the Indonesia’s prominent SOEs • Conducted Good Governance advisory services for Public Institutions such as Bank Indonesia (Central Bank) and BPJS Ketenagakerjaan (Social Security Agency) for Good Governance Assessment, and the other things is to conducted advisory on arrangement of GCG infrastructures (GCG Roadmap, GCG Code, Board Manual, and Code of Conducts) • Lectured in GCG Implementation, particularly for Financial industry.
2015 - 2017
PT Kharisma Integrasi Manajemen (KIM Consulting)
• Conducts Good Governance implementation to State Owned Enterprises (SOE’s), State Institutions and Private Companies. • Assissted SOE’s and private sector to evaluate and enhance GCG implementation through GCG Assessment and provides revision/creation of corporate‘s policy quality. • Provides GCG lectures to GCG Institutions and Inhouse Training.
2014 - 2014
Fauna & Flora International (UK NGO)
• Aligned the design of an Interim Forest Finance (IFF) scheme with the policies and strategies of the REDD+ and commodities sectors in Indonesia through in-coordinating with national government; • Utilise the civil society expertise in Indonesia to ensure safeguards exist that can equitably distribute the benefits of an IFF to all affected stakeholders; • Build the case study for an IFF to operate in Indonesia.
2013 - 2014
GIZ Forest & Climate Change Program (FORCLIME)
Conducted as a legal consultant for GIZ FORCLIME in supporting the Ministry of Forestry of Republic of Indonesia on preparation on an academic draft of a Ministry of Forestry (MoFor) umbrella regulation on management and utilization of forest carbon under a future REDD+ mechanism including safeguards and registry on the basis of analysis of policy objectives and current legislation.
2012 - 2013
Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (German Development Agency)
• Handling all legal matters pertaining to GIZ daily operation in Indonesia • Legal representative in dealing and negotiation with the Government of Indonesian officials as a cooperation partner and ASEAN Secretariat in Jakarta. • Provides legal advice, legal opinion and legal memorandum to the top management and GIZ’s projects in Indonesia. • Conducted Legal drafting, legal review and legal compliance for GIZ operations in Indonesia and ASEAN. • Perform extensive research and analysis on legal issues • Deals with Indonesian officials regarding to Bilateral Technical Cooperation • Conduct litigation pertaining to whole legal matter. • Provides legal input and advice in evaluation and monitoring of each agreement/contract to whole German’s technical cooperation projects in Indonesia & ASEAN Secretariat. • Provides legal advice to Indonesia – German’s technical cooperation in order to comply with Indonesian law system.
2008 - 2012
The Wildlife Conservation Society - US NGO for Conservation & Environmental.
• Creates and analyzes legal studies on natural resources issues • Compile, Review and Analyze all regulations pertaining to forestry, environmental and natural resources which is focusing in law and policy • Contract Drafting and reviewing contracts is my daily task • Conduct legal studies on “REDD+ readiness in Bukit Balai Rejang, Kaur Regency, Bengkulu in-cooperation with local government regarding to enhance local revenue and creating conservation landscape”. • Conduct legal studies on “Gap Analysis on Conservation Act pertaining to Palm Oil industries”. The legal study is focus on law enforcement in forest management. Supported by USAID • Assist and support local house of representative on creating Academic Manuscript Drafting, Bill, National and Local Regulation Drafting, and Legal Drafting. • Arranges and give some lectures in several workshops/trainings for law enforcement officer and related institutions which is responsible on conservation and forest management. • Counseling legal advice of procedural law in term of support implementation of company strategic plans. • High experiences in litigation. Conducted an advocacy on wildlife crime and encroachment which started from early stage of investigation until court monitoring. • Used to deal with government officials and law enforcement officer in conduct to policy intervention and conduct litigation
2007 - 2007
PT Bank CIMB Niaga
• Verification and analyze Credit Application for mortgage and multi credit. • Conduct on loan and restructuring mechanism • Create Credit Agreement.
Honors & awards
March 16th 2017.
Lectures at Workshop of Good Corporate Governance Implementation for Banking Industry: Apply Strategy of Good Corporate Governance Implementation to Reach 1st or 2nd GCG’s Rank. Grand Santika Premiere Hotel, Yogyakarta - Indonesia
The workshop is providing on how to introduce and implement the Good Corporate Governance for Banking Industry. In this course is telling how to create commitment, system and its strategy. The other side that the course is telling on what kind of obstacles that will meet up and how to resolve it.
May 18 – 19, 2016
Lectures at Workshop of Good Corporate Governance for Non-Bank Financial Industry: Measurement of Good Corporate Governance (GCG) and Key Strategy of Non-Bank Financial Industry Governance Based on Best Practice. J.W Marriot Hotel, Jakarta, Indonesia.
The workshop is providing Good Corporate Governance introduction and elaborates GCG implementation for Non-Bank Financial Institution. The workshop is attended by some directors, commissioners, and pertaining officers who dealing with GCG’s implementation.